Just a quick blog post to share my favourite pancakes recipe as I really wanted to get this out there, but left it a bit late! And I’m far too eager to wait an entire year till we see pancake day again! Plus they’re seriously unhealthy pancakes, which I consider quite fun!
I’m using my dearest mum’s classic pancake recipe for standard thin pancakes. It makes them all wrappy and great for what I want them for – to wrap around a whole banana and keep in all the delicious goo that I’m adding. My mum always made thin pancakes – the type you have with lemon and a sprinkle of sugar, and other polite ingredients like that.
I did also try some other pancake variations, some of which were great. But as mentioned earlier – this is a little somewhat of a rush post, so I’ve not had time to refine them and get them blog-ready. The rum and raisin scotch pancakes were a bit weird, but not unpleasant. White chocolate chip pancakes are always a treat. And the white chocolate chip and raisin were excellent! But unfortunately I think that will need to be waiting in the wings for 2017 🙁
So why such a rush? Well… I was meant to be hitting the diet hard from today, but crumbled at the last minute. Oops… I did go for a 6km jog in the wind and rain though, so I have achieved at least a little! Just a shame I paired it up with the worlds worst, seriously unhealthy pancakes! But I won’t tell if you don’t…
This recipe comes with a disclaimer: these really are seriously unhealthy pancakes and may even be a little sickly in the wrong hands! But if you have as sweet a tooth as me, it feeds the devil inside you!
Seriously Unhealthy Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g milk
- 40 g flour
- Dash water
- 1 tsp oil
- Nutella/chocolate spread
- Golden syrup
- Hundreds and thousands
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and water. Slowly add in the flower to form a runny batter
- Set a frying pan over a high heat and add the oil
- When hot, pour in enough batter to make a very thin coating on the pan
- Cook until just starting to brown - about 1 minute
- Flip acrobatically to cook the other side, or turn sensibly and safely
- Cook for a further 30 seconds - 1 minute until just browning
- Transfer to a plate, and add the remaining ingredients in the order stated, wrapping the banana up in everything at the end
Recipe NotesTip: no measurements are given for the Nutella, golden syrup, or sprinkles. Add to your own preference.
I’m getting this post in with some linkups, so do meander over to the other guys taking part and comment to high heaven!